Pages

Friday 31 August 2012

A Moment To Relax

The last few weeks have flown past in a blaze.  I'm sure the last time I checked it was the August Civic Holiday and now it's Labour Day weekend.  Work has been busy and wearing me down so I've taken a few days off.  I'll have five days off - in a row.   The last time I had that much time off I moved.

So here I am.  It's mid-afternoon on a Friday and I've finished a sweater, and crossed the countryside checking out the newer yarn shops in the area.  I picked up some roving (100% organic merino), a silk hankie, some new yarns, buttons and generally had a marvelous time.  But the best part was reveling in the fact that today is Friday and I'm off touching yarn, not at work.

So this is the newly finished sweater.  The yarn is Jojoland.


I picked up two skeins of sock yarn too.  One by Fleece Artist

and one by Cascades Heritage.

But I think I'm most excited about the silk.  I've never worked with a hanky like this before it looks like fun - and I admit, I was sucked in by the colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment