Pages

Thursday 31 January 2013

Thursday Update

Today was a work from home day - what a relief.  A relief because last night there was a howling wind for most of the night and I never sleep well with a wind like that.  A relief because it means I don't have to drive to and from work.  The past few days - for one reason or another - I've had two-hour commutes (yes - each way) and as much as I like what I do, I can live without that.

And because I'm working from home there is no dress code.  I wore fleece pants and an old sweatshirt today.  Not there there is a strict dress code at my workplace; I'm a software engineer so I can wear just about anything but there is something liberating about going to work in slippers with your feet up on the couch.

I also did this today.


This is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Roving.  Despite the fact that there is a Wool Depot 30 minutes from my house, I decided to give Knit Picks a try.  I was pleased with how quickly the items were shipped and I was happy that when the discount code on the catalogue wasn't recognized at the checkout online, I wrote a little note of explanation  - and the discount was applied when my credit card was billed!  This roving isn't quite as 'easy' as the Blue-Faced Leicester I did last time, It doesn't have much crimp so doesn't grab onto itself as easily but I think as I get into a rhythm with it, it's getting finer and more consistent.

I also did more work on Semele last night.  


If all goes well, this should be finished, washed and blocked within a week.  I'll be happy to finish this as I have something else I want to start....and I'm sure you're getting tired of looking at the same thing day after day!

1 comment: