Pages

Thursday 10 January 2013

The Good, the Bad, and Things That Make Me Crazy

The Good:  I finished the "Who's Socks" that I was working on.  They're a mix of Merino, Cashmere and Nylon.  The Wool was MCN Ultra by Indigodragonfly in Tardis.  

The Bad:  The motor for the pellet stove died.  It had a seizure sometime during the night and that was the end of it.   The motor that died drove the top auger from the hopper to the bottom auger which feeds into the burn box.  It's a critical piece of hardware.

The Good:  The stove came from Canadian Tire.  They've always got parts.

The Bad:  Canadian Tire doesn't stock parts for this, even though they sell the stoves.

The Good:  We don't use this stove for cooking, nor do I rely on it for hot water to make tea/coffee.  And I have new socks.

The Bad:  It is the sole heat source for half our house.

The Worse:  It's the dead of winter in Canada.

The Good:  Chuck went out to the barn and came back with a box with a replacement motor in it.  It had obviously been left from the previous owners when we bought the house.  And I have new socks.  Wool socks.

Things That Make Me Crazy:  That motor was dead as well.   The inner circles of hell are reserved for people who do things like that.

The Good:  We can get parts for the stove from a US distributor.

The Bad:  The company is in the US and can only ship to a depot in New Brunswick.  From there it has to be shipped via Canada Post.  They estimated 4 to 6 days.  I estimate it will be spring and I'll no longer have need of the stove by the time I receive the package.

Things That Make Me Crazy:  It will take 4 to 6 days in January for us to get a motor for the stove that heats half our house.

The Miracle:  The weather is crazy here.  It's above zero in January in Ontario.   And it will be above zero for the next 4 days.

The Good:  I still have a fully functional gas furnace in half my house.  And I have new wool socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment