There has been no progress on the sweater because I'm having trouble finding buttons. More specifically, I have an idea in my head of what kind of buttons I want and I'm having trouble finding those. And to be perfectly honest it's too flippin' cold to go shopping for something as mundane as buttons. The fact that I need the sweater now, when it's cold isn't lost on me though - I may have to settle for "interim" buttons until I find what I really want.
So in the meantime, I've been working on something else. I've had this yarn for about two years now and have been wondering what to do with it.
This is Camelspin by Handmaiden and is 70% silk and 30% camel. I'm not sure of the colourway (because it is never marked on the tag) but I think it might be Nova Scotia. While I was working on the sweater I got to a point where I needed to do a lot of counting and to really pay attention to what I was doing and decided (after I ripped out three inches of a sleeve for the second time) that perhaps it was no longer suitable for TV knitting. So I started a scarf.
Curiously, knitting a lace pattern in front of the TV was easier than what was essentially knit 1 row, purl 1 row and increasing two stitches every 4 pattern repeats. The scarf is about 48" long now - the plan is to knit until I run out of yarn.