Pages

Saturday 16 February 2013

Spring is Coming

Spring is around the corner.

I know this because I was in Canadian Tire today and the seeds are out.  The grow lights and pots are out and there is a skid of potting soil in the middle of the store.  The ice fishing stuff is gone, most of the hockey gear is gone and the regular fishing stuff is out.  The ant traps and bird feeders are out.  

I got my seed catalogue in the mail this week.  

And this is the first draft of my garden for this year:


The garden space is 50' by 30'.  It doesn't sound enormous until you figure that it's 1500 sq. ft and is a larger footprint than my last house.  Truly, it is a working plan and I'm not finished with it yet but I wanted to share it with you.  The big open area on the right hand side is a space I've reserved for part of a greenhouse.  I say part because I have the frame, but no glass.  It might just be heavy plastic this year but I want to get the structure in place.  

There are still a few gaps but I'm pretty sure I've forgotten something crucial in the plan (I just noticed I don't have any corn!) so there is room for me to shift things around if I need to.  





No comments:

Post a Comment